Battlefield 2 v1.3
Patch 1.3 has now been released and is available for immediate download. The release of this patch is in line with our ongoing effort to make the game as enjoyable as possible, releasing quicker fixes addressing some of the things that you want to see changed.
- Co-op: Players can now enjoy single player levels on Internet and LAN play with both Bots and human players. We have added a few options to allow the server admin to modify how the bots behave in game.
- Co-op play is not permitted on ranked servers.
- Air Dropped Vehicles: Squad members can no send a request to commanders to drop vehicles at their location.
Bug Fixes & Gameplay Tweaks:
- Ban list will no longer be wiped in the event of a server crash.
- Abandoned helicopters will no longer remain in flight.
- If a player joins a squad while dead they will not be permitted to use the squad leader as a spawn point until they have spawned at a flag once.
- Flag Capture bar will now react accurately to players entering the capture radius.
- Friendly vehicles will no longer appear as valid targets for missile systems. The box with the X through it will still appear however the locked tone will not sound and missiles fired will not track the friendly target.
- Fixed the crash that sometimes occurred when switching between game types.
- Fixed a tech hang when creating a single player account from an offline account.
- Fixed Issues with remote console and Linux servers.
- Fixed the issue that prevented players from ranking up in-game when playing on their regular server.
- Fixed the bug that altered mini map behavior.
- Fixed issue with Special Forces rank names.
- Fixed repairing HUD for the engineer when in a vehicle.
bf2patch1.3.exe – 438MB
bf2incrementalpatch1.22-1.3.exe – 83MB
bf2_server_1.3.exe – 297MB
server files for Linux v1.3 – 297MB
The team at Dice and EA