Sound off trooper!!! Open discussion, let's talk about anything and everything.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Work to do

Thank you all who reported bugs, there are a few more fixes and improvements I need to do over the next coming weeks. The forum is pretty solid at this point and I really appreciate the help with finding issues here.

We also added a ton of Custom BB codes to the forum to hopefully make it more fun and better looking for our members and users. More on that below along with code examples.

The user control panel has a couple little qwerks about it. The Board Preferences link is still shot, however you can access your Board Preferences via this link here.

Also noticed that my Private Message Inbox was full and I needed to delete some in order to see new PMs people sent me. I just noticed that tonight so I do apologize to all the people that sent me PMs over the last two weeks. I changed the settings so if your box is full, it should be good now, but you might want to check it.

A Couple links that are helpful for our members and users are the Search Function and Memberslist. They were easy to get to on our old forum, but seem to be a little awkward to find now. In the future I will make the links more clear.

Custom BB Codes

As mentioned, before we added a ton of new custom BB codes that cool, fun, and hopefully aesthetically pleasing. We can add a function button for them to the Posting page, but there are already a good amount of BB Codes listed and there are quite a few here. So, for the time begin, these work, but aren't listed on the Posting page (but should be easy to figure out).

Font Awesome

We are supporting Font Awesome on the website and forum. So, I coded a custom BB code for that you can add them to your posts or signatures if you desire. Font Awesome gives you scalable vector icons. And you can view all the icons on their website. Simply copy the name of the icon you want, and used the codes below for the icon and turning it into a link.

Code: Select all
[fa]facebook[/fa]

[url=http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AlliedAirborneArmy][fa]steam-square[/fa][/url]

Image Float

You can float images either left or right so that the text will wrap around it. Makes things look pretty. The left and right codes are below with examples.

[fimg=left]image URL[/fimg]

http://alliedairbornearmy.com/cp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/tumblr_mjzdm5HkgD1rl2alco6_250.gifLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

[fimg=right]image URL[/fimg]

http://alliedairbornearmy.com/cp/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/tumblr_mlka6qCe611qatuw0o8_250.gifLorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Change the Font Family

[font=Courier New]CHANGE THE FONT FAMILY[/font]

CHANGE THE FONT FAMILY

Justified Text

Justified text will keep the text conformed to a box. It's even on both the left and right margins.

[justify]justified text[/justify]

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Left Align

Will align all the text to the left. Pretty much the default to the site.

[left]left aligned text[/left]

Align Right

Alight right will align all the text to the right. Pretty much the opposite of the left align.

[right]right aligned text[/right]

YouTube

Everyone is pretty familiar with the way we embed YouTube videos around here. Here is a second and shorten version that only requires just the video ID.

[yt]y6iMz4R2iqw[/yt]

Vimeo

We added Vimeo videos embedding capabilities with just the video ID.

[vimeo]66140585[/vimeo]

Daily Motion

And we added Daily Motion embedding capabilities also with just the video ID.

[dailymotion]xsr67x[/dailymotion]

So, I hope that is fun and keeps us happy for a while. Keep posting ideas for the forum and any issues you come across. :)

Nice, thanks Kanga for these little tidbits!
Looking great Kanga!!!
3 posts Page 1 of 1