Sound off trooper!!! Open discussion, let's talk about anything and everything.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
If you could pick five other guys to jump with you, how would you instruct them to load out, as a unit (not as individuals)? How would you change the composition based on the objective (capture, defend, ambush, AT)? Bear in mind that perhaps not every paratrooper has earned the M1A1 carbine to free up space for extra equipment (Or M1911 Pistol, for that matter). Which one weapon do you recommend, in place? What badges would you recommend to compliment their specific load-outs?
Examples of some potential M1A1 carbine combos:

Here is what I have:

Para 1 - Johnson

Para 2 - Thompson

Para 3 - M1A1, Sticky bombs

(In progress)Para 4 - Pistol, med pack, frag grenades

I don't paras enough to justify a 5th even for the ATs. Since in got the Johnson it has been my go to for everything. I like it for CQC and midrange. Exactly what paras are for. Thompson is my second favorite, it lacks in mid range but its not bad.
Here are my favourite M1A1 carbine setups.

Aren't they great?
But seriously, the use for the M1A1 carbine is to combine it with some kind of AT granades and maybe the explosives badge to get twice amount.

The rest is quite simple to answer, for assault/defending an objective the only valuable options are Johnson or Tommy.
For killing tanks, as i said above or if you are real mad you can also go for Pistol and 12 AT nades.

If you need both, the team should be split up in 2 AT guys (6 AT nades each) and 4 assault guys.
JohnDavis wrote: Here are my favourite M1A1 carbine setups.

Aren't they great?
But seriously, the use for the M1A1 carbine is to combine it with some kind of AT granades and maybe the explosives badge to get twice amount.

The rest is quite simple to answer, for assault/defending an objective the only valuable options are Johnson or Tommy.
For killing tanks, as i said above or if you are real mad you can also go for Pistol and 12 AT nades.

If you need both, the team should be split up in 2 AT guys (6 AT nades each) and 4 assault guys.

I'd strongly question ever using the m1a1 carbine or m1 carbine over m1917, m1911, or m1g.

My stick would likely be 2 Thommy, 2 M1G with Med, 2 Pistol, nade, Sticky combo.
The only reason I had M1A1 Carbine was because I liked the gun itself. Just sooo much memory with that folding stock version M1 Carbine from BOB series and other WWII based shooters.

Other than that, pistols are a much better option due to the TTK and weight advantage.
Right now I only have one para with Johnson at this stage cos im too lazy and dont have enough time to train more Paras with other weapon varieties. (just transfered my Tommy para back to infantry cos recently fell in love with Tommy once again)
I have a Johnson Para for assault, then an M1G scoped para with a knife and nimble gold for more sneaky AAA YOLO tactics, and finally i have an m1 carbine character with H3's for anti tank with dynamite lover gold to kill a maximum of 3 tanks
I have 1 Johnson guy for charge kill.

I have one anti tank guy with 1911, stickies, H3, and dynamite lover gold for 6 tank kills.

H3 plus sticky = happy fun times.
1. Johnson, fast reload.
2. 1911, stickies, h3, dynamite lover.
3. Don't have yet, but will make scoped garand.
9 posts Page 1 of 1