Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
50 posts Page 4 of 4

vonBaer wrote: I've played around a bit with the Ground Forces part of WT. Pretty fun tank/AFV arcade, with very nice detail (each shot has an animation in a corner of the screen showing the distribution of shrapnel inside the target). German, Soviet and US tanks are available.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/8MoVAKl9uFc[/youtube]

Interesting! I might have to revisit WT.

Yesterday was pretty fun, with some April Fool's events in the form of "Unrealistic battle mode". In one of the events, one could spawn mechs (looked like AT-STs based on a KV-2 turret) in addition to the usual tanks, and in the other, one battled in inflatable Sherman dummy tanks, shooting carrots and potatoes. :)

Yes it was pretty fun.

When I read the news first, I thought it was a joke. Then I logged to the game, and realized that it was for real.

Build 1.70 released now. Three new Ground Forces maps - I've played two of them. "Normandy" is a nice map with a good mix of town and countryside, and some beach as well. "Berlin" is pretty awesome, with the ruins of the Reichstag, the Brandenburger gate, and other Berlin landmarks. I haven't played "Hà¼rtgen Forest" yet, but with 16 square kilometers of woods, fields and villages, it looks nice. There are new vehicles and planes as well, US tank destroyers among them (M10, M18, etc).
I've been playing WT for 2½ years now, and is one of the better players in the battles I enter now. The game has changed, to the better I think. New maps, new planes and tanks, and the Brits are available as a ground forces faction now with a lineup of classic British steel. If anyone feels like popping by and shoot down some planes in flames, don't hesitate to contact me. Username in WT: Dix_Dogfight
50 posts Page 4 of 4