Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
54 posts Page 1 of 4
I've mentioned this to some and found out there's a couple people playing or looking to buy.

Curious to how many would be interested in playing on a server and what not.
Signature thanks to Kanga.
I will fight the enemies of freedom until Hell freezes over, then I will fight on the ice!

I think that'd be awesome, but I haven't bought the game yet. Is it worth it?

Depends on what you like, if you like minecraft type stuff yes.

I figure for the most part it'll be co-op, with some events where we save the world then dick around and blow each other up with a world restore after.
I will fight the enemies of freedom until Hell freezes over, then I will fight on the ice!

Yeah, I've seen videos of it. Seems cool. I'm currently out of money, but I'd totally be down for a game

I know how that goes.

Anyone else out there?

Tempted. As a Gmod guy that loved to fool around, followed by owning my own Minecraft server for almost a year, this game appeals to me. However I am stuck on Starbound and Kerbal Space Program at the moment.

Still its my birthday next week...monies should be inbound (My mortgage can wait :D)!

i played this and there is a problem with stability in multiplayer. Single player is interestring for a few hours only. reason is AI will never attack you and comets allways comes from sun direction (which means if asteroid is between you and sun you are safe). So basicly it is only interestring while you are building bases and new ships. You can attack AI ships but they are not chalange afther you learn basics.

They need to implement new things so that we can play for more goals than just build, build, build. In minecraft you go and explore, here you can do that also but you wont find anything new :) .

Lendosan wrote: Tempted. As a Gmod guy that loved to fool around, followed by owning my own Minecraft server for almost a year, this game appeals to me. However I am stuck on Starbound and Kerbal Space Program at the moment.

Still its my birthday next week...monies should be inbound (My mortgage can wait :D)!

KSP got boring without mods :P. It's too easy to get into orbit.

And the game is still in beta, isn't it? Hopefully it'll get better.

Yeah, they just released an update for single player. Like a campaign mode, harder than it appears at points :)

ksp without mods is also fun for few days. afther that i recomand interstellar mod + kethane mod. It gives you a lot of things to do.

direktor wrote: i played this and there is a problem with stability in multiplayer. Single player is interestring for a few hours only. reason is AI will never attack you and comets allways comes from sun direction (which means if asteroid is between you and sun you are safe). So basicly it is only interestring while you are building bases and new ships. You can attack AI ships but they are not chalange afther you learn basics.

They need to implement new things so that we can play for more goals than just build, build, build. In minecraft you go and explore, here you can do that also but you wont find anything new :) .

They add new content and stability/optimization literally every week. there's a new patch every Thursday.

Crap phone lost the damn post.

For me to invest in renting a server I want 2-4 people willing to regularly show and be willing to at least semi-rp and be willing to be in YouTube video as I plan to start making view soon.

Also I'd like to not make a typical base and make a large ship with everything on it and a hanger and outside landing pads. I have some names in mind for this ship and hope we can do some pixel art to make it unique.

how much you talking Steel?

I'll buy it as soon as I get more steam bucks

Lendosan wrote: how much you talking Steel?

For servers? Only places they show are Euro so I'm afraid of a VAT in order to support lazy asses, But what I seen, for 8 slots it's 10-18 dollars a month, +2 for high priority on the CPU.

Going to look more into options later, likely tonight at work while I stare at a lot devoid of life other then bunnies, kitties and skunks. (Last night was a scare as I took a piss and walked to the water spigot to wash my hands and a skunk skitters 20ft away from me.)

My suggestions for World Options

Scenario-Asteroids

Inventory Size- 10x(I'm not dicking with the smaller inventories, takes to much time just running back and forth and that's not fun.)

Assembler Efficiency-X3

Refinery Speed- X3

Max. Players- Server limit, will be 8 unless more people join.

Max. Objects- Based on server, will be maxed then lowered as needed.

Environment Hostility- Safe at first, the moved to normal.

Asteroid Amount- Max

Auto-Healing- yes

Weapons Enabled-Of Course

Show Player Names- No

Thruster Damage- I really have no opinion on this one.

Cargo Ships- yes

For more information on these visit here.
http://www.spaceengineerswiki.com/World_Settings
54 posts Page 1 of 4