Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
54 posts Page 3 of 4

Bought some ram for my computer, so I'm going to start playing with the server stuff and videos likely.
Signature thanks to Kanga.
I will fight the enemies of freedom until Hell freezes over, then I will fight on the ice!

I get my Ram from here http://www.downloadmoreram.com/ (It's a joke site how weird? :P)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD5RFICNJvI[/youtube]

New update.
I will fight the enemies of freedom until Hell freezes over, then I will fight on the ice!

Just bought the game, it's genious :)

It's pretty awesome, once I upgrade my computer over the next few months I'm going to start a server, hoping to do a survival, and do a youtube thing with it being semi-RP of exploration/self-sustaining, military unit. The focus being on a Carrier/Cruiser that splits into a war/mining sections.

steelpanther wrote: It's pretty awesome, once I upgrade my computer over the next few months I'm going to start a server, hoping to do a survival, and do a youtube thing with it being semi-RP of exploration/self-sustaining, military unit. The focus being on a Carrier/Cruiser that splits into a war/mining sections.

Well my friend and I like playing it, perhaps we could team up?
Sadly I don't think eather of our Machines is powerfull enough to record it, but we know how to make it fun.

Sure, going to have to wait for me to get a new mother board, CPU, heatsink and some backup software though.

Deff want to make a backup image before such an upgrade.

steelpanther wrote: believe it or not, when redoing my heavy fighter, this was unintended

Finally took this out against a cargo ship. Was impressed. only one auto turret but no cockpit damage. block directly in front was left with 4% however and some damage to the upper gats and random dink damage to the skull face.

That's no maneuvering, just got in behind it and hammered it out.

For PVP the two passenger seats make this more a heavy armor troop transport though so I've changed the designation to F/D for fighter/drop ship.

I seriously need to get this game

Was in the process of building a new fighter with a cockpit mod, died, and the game buggered up and I'm stuck dead, yay.

Pulled the skull and one of my large drill ships out of the save with SEtoolbox if anyone wants to import them and let me know how they work for them.

New update, what does everyone think?

Features
- spherical gravity generator
- pre-fab and respawn ship modding
- new world setting for dedicated server - autosave interval
- more respawn ships
- high quality armor textures (on 64-bit version)
- export ship/station as prefab (in F11 screen)

Fixes
- improved piston and landing gear stability
- fixed piston, rotor and landing gear exploding in MP
- fixed large performance issue caused by asteroids
- fixed too large piston collision model
- fixed issue when loose blocks loosing ownership
- fixed death in survival disables chat window
- fixed toolbar not remembering functions from attachments
- fixed hot-keyed groups reset when using merge blocks
- fixed wrong value in Steam-ID on dedicated server
- fixed problems with character mods deforming hands or legs of astronaut
- fixed graphical glitch when doors were inside other blocks
- fixed inertia not preserved when block was unmerged

Ok, In about a month I'm hoping to start getting this underway.

So I need to know who is going to reliably participate, and their opinions of any mods and how we should go about this.

Like I said I want to do a semi-RP, which means 90% of the time we are in character, but a few in jokes or out of character convos aren't a bit deal(at least when I'm going to be recording, off screen wtf does it matter.)

Also wanted to do a military setup, which means a rank structure.

What I was thinking was this, since my family has always went army I'm fairly partial to that branch, so some US army space fleet, or if we want to do international NATO,(NATO is still apparently in the game by the way, just look at the ammo.)

So basics would be something on order of:

Colonel-(Me, I'm spending a pretty penny more then want I would have if I wasn't trying to set this up.)
Lt.- Second in command and responsible for the carrier and it's main pilot.
Chief Engineer- Responsible for all ship repairs, and for handling the design and maintenance of the main resource/living ship. Also it's main pilot.
Medic- RP position mostly, will double in other areas such as fighter/bomber pilots and infantry.
"Marine"- or Ranger if we want to keep army I guess, Infantry head. Handles personal combat both on defense and offense.

There is no outside influences so these are all for RP purposes unless we get people to play against us for pvp or something, but I think playing by this losely would be fun.

Of course this is a building game, so we will all be working on mining/building and so forth.

The center of our activities will be building our first ship(sides a miner) will will house our refinery/assembler, med-bays and living quarters and mess hall and be a carrier for all the civi ships such as miners and haulers. Other ideas such as briefing rooms and such should be mentioned here and discussed as we want to know all this before we start this ship, make it a seamless and functional ship instead of look like a module hulking I've done some searches on the forum and the internet on both fixing the problem and trying to do the export/import thing but I haven't found anything so any help would be appreciated. POS looking thing that's a pita to work around. I would like the civi ships to be solar and batt powered as possible. Also should be spacious and something designed for living in long periods of time.

After we get that all out of the way move on to the main warship, our carrier,(I propose officially naming it the U.S.S. Ted Cruz, and nicknaming it something like the Gadsden or Ranger.) should house the majority of our small warcraft such as fighters, bombers, scout craft and troop transport. I think it should be cramped and submarine like, save on as much space as possible to keep a low profile, also maze like to get boarders hopefully lost. possibly have a gravity or missile tube system for long range bombardment. Carriers don't go directly into battle.

I say we should all have our own version of each on this ship(if not copies as well) as well as some of our own muti-role stuff) that is put up to the group for a pass/fail (since we need to know if it does it's job and the part were someone might need to jump into it that isn't the designer.)

Depending on how many people we have, we may make more "Capital" ships, destroyers and battleships and such to carry out a proper battle group but lets stick to this.

Also want to keep this as close to or under PG13 as possible, I know I'm bad on language, not going to worry about the occasional slip, but sexual innuendos and stuff. I want to put out something I don't have to worry about a little kid seeing for the most part.

I think starting off we'll get together in a creative world, build a small "shipyard" with necessary build stuff and a small living area and a crappy(yes intentionally crappy) miner, and when done we come back and pretend we just showed to this staging area for ship builds. The idea being we are to build these ships and all the necessarily tools before we head to deep space.

This sound fun? Lets keep the mod list down, we'll have to download these EVERY time we join up, I have a cockpit I want, some mess-hall supplies, vending machines and hydroponics stuff, I'll post links tomorrow if I remember.

I kind of started Building the "Pillar of autumn" from Halo with my friend.

This is how the ship itself looks like (in Halo):

(I will post some specs here once I get my friend to read them out to me again)

And this is the progress so far:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pjosip/screenshots/

Current WIP. New drill boat, working on makeing one that looks good and cuts down on drill rotational forces, which I guess requires weight and thrusters.

54 posts Page 3 of 4