Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
So, just was about to jump into the game tonight when we have a new update here. Kinda what I expected, new Soviet weapon to offset the StG44 and the M1/M2 Carbine, new uniform and weapon skins (because we need SOMETHING to spend our gold on, right? :tongue: ) but also the addition of something called the "Battle Director" that seems to be designed to balance out the War scenarios for the game. Now, I'm still just Rank 4 so I can't say if that's true or not but this whole use of what is considered the "fun factor" or "fun-ness" (!?) of a match by... well, seems to be just getting more players in. I'm seeing a lot of people saying the queues for games are getting increasingly long because of it but I'd like to hear from you older players first if that's true... and if the battles are getting any closer to being balanced. (Hey, there's a word to use: Balance! Better than... whatever the hell "Fun-ness" is supposed to be... :twisted: )

http://steamcommunity.com/games/HeroesA ... 1022604041

UPDATE: Seems that they've dropped how much you get for capturing a point by making neutralizing a point generate EXP. Could help in newbies to want to take the point. I approve! :)
Yeah the queue times increased massively and that´s really annoying. Apparently it seems to slow down the Axis at least a little bit but in the end it´s not actually going to stop them. I guess it was a step in the right direction though.
JohnDavis wrote: Yeah the queue times increased massively and that´s really annoying. Apparently it seems to slow down the Axis at least a little bit but in the end it´s not actually going to stop them. I guess it was a step in the right direction though.

For the most part, that works in the Allies favor considering the Axis have nearly three times more players and several large whales.

Kanga wrote: For the most part, that works in the Allies favor considering the Axis have nearly three times more players and several large whales.

You are right, but that doesn´t make it any less annyoing when you actually want to fight them :D
TheShiv0724 wrote: So, just was about to jump into the game tonight when we have a new update here. Kinda what I expected, new Soviet weapon to offset the StG44 and the M1/M2 Carbine, new uniform and weapon skins (because we need SOMETHING to spend our gold on, right? :tongue: ) but also the addition of something called the "Battle Director" that seems to be designed to balance out the War scenarios for the game. Now, I'm still just Rank 4 so I can't say if that's true or not but this whole use of what is considered the "fun factor" or "fun-ness" (!?) of a match by... well, seems to be just getting more players in. I'm seeing a lot of people saying the queues for games are getting increasingly long because of it but I'd like to hear from you older players first if that's true... and if the battles are getting any closer to being balanced. (Hey, there's a word to use: Balance! Better than... whatever the hell "Fun-ness" is supposed to be... :twisted: )

http://steamcommunity.com/games/HeroesA ... 1022604041

UPDATE: Seems that they've dropped how much you get for capturing a point by making neutralizing a point generate EXP. Could help in newbies to want to take the point. I approve! :)

On balancing, i think the ongoing week long war thats going on is existing proof that it somehow has improved something. weather that may be the battle director, or just more generals deploying and taking part...
also about the queue, i'd rather spend a little more time in queue than playing one of those games where we have 60 infantry riding bikes versus 20 tigers and fb109's
See you on the battlefield :D
I hate to say this. Be patient. Elements of the game will come together for the Allies. At the moment, it's all favoring the Axis so while their noob clans brag and cheer for each other, be patient. 8)

6 posts Page 1 of 1