Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
28 posts Page 2 of 2
Got my Alpha key. Looks like Alpha test will begin on April 29th. :)

http://forums.playdaysofwar.com/

Keep an eye on their forum.

According to DJ the game is already up and we can play. He mentioned something about the clans getting access a bit earlier than the rest ;)
Great Success!!!! we already found a way to get into both spawns and spawnkill :D

and also shoot from under the map
Been playing around, seems pretty cool. I think the devs spent a lot of time on the sky graphics, because every time you fire a gun you look straight up! They must want to showcase that sky.
Played around with the game a bit today. Here are some screenies. It reminds me so much of Medal of Honor Airborne, it's not even funny. It's running on an updated version of the same engine, but graphically, sound, movement, menus - all have a MOHA quality about them.

Which isn't a bad thing. MOHA was a good game, with sh!t support from EA after it was released. That's what killed the game. Absolutely no love from the company and there was a lot of the game that still needed loving.

MOHA rebooted, don't mind if I do! :D

mickdude2 wrote: Been playing around, seems pretty cool. I think the devs spent a lot of time on the sky graphics, because every time you fire a gun you look straight up! They must want to showcase that sky.

The graphics are awesome, but there are obviously many bugs and the handling on most of the weapons isn´t right, which makes them unbalanced. Some just handle way to good, whereas othere (e.g. MG) are just way to slow for the current speed of the game. Also weapons and supply crates tend to go apeshit crazy when they are being dropped :D

But that´s what the closed Alpha is there for and at least the devs listen to the players feedback, which makes me quite confident that DoW will turn out to be a good game :)
Kanga you may want to put those Snaps under closed doors. They have a personal ID that can get you banned if it is public.
meh... that would be rude if they did that.

Neat screenshots!

This is not a public forum ...

.. its sharing among clan members that are already under three of four "Do Not Disclose" agreements already.

:D

Is the player base still small? havent played it since the summer
It looks like they are increasing the player base. Apparently they are going to Steam now.

Maybe it´s time to give it another shot, this looks promising :)
28 posts Page 2 of 2