Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Battlefield 1944 Coming March 2017

http://vgpwn.com/battlefield-1944-coming-march-2017/

Battlefield has become one of the most successful FPS franchises around, and for good reason. The vast scale of conflict, the breathtaking graphics, and the immersive feel of the action cannot be beat. Almost every Battlefield game has been a huge hit, Hardline not so much, but that is because Hardline stepped way outside the usual Battlefield formula, taking us away from, well, the military battlefield and into police situations. Hardline is a cool game in its own way—but it just didn’t feel like the Battlefield experience.

But we’re going back to the battlefield in a big way—and back in time. While recent BF games have focused on modern and near-future conflict, the next game may take us back to the franchise’s roots: WWII.

If you were gaming back in 2002, you almost certainly remember how mind-blowing Battlefield 1942 was. Now it’s time for Battlefield 1944!

Okay, to be fair, this is still a rumor. But it is a pretty convincing one. Check out this camera shot which was shared on Reddit:

battlefield-1944-will-be-released-for-next-gen-in-march-2017-e1462104834385

All we see is stock artwork, but the advertisement is pretty clear, and if it isn’t a real DICE ad, it is certainly a convincing prank. The pre-order information is pretty detailed, and includes:

A Nostalgia Map Pack including Back to El Alamein and other fan favorites
An exclusive custom-designed M1 Carbine Desert Fox Skin
The ad also announces a beta test starting in November.

We think it’d be great to revisit the roots of the Battlefield franchise. While Hardline was an interesting game, DICE needs to get back to what it does best. There are many more stories and scenarios which could be explored in the World War II setting.

How do you feel about Battlefield 1944? Do you like the idea of returning to WWII, or would you prefer another futuristic warfare game—or something more like Hardline? Let us know in the comments!
i have just one thing to say : OW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH oh oh wait, i've a boner... battlefield 1942 in 2002 still better than heroes. and that's what everyone are waiting : a ww2 game.
I'm interested in Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and Battlefield if they return their WWII roots. The fact that they all moved to the Modern Warfare genre thoroughly pissed me off.

Battlefield looks to be returning, Call of Duty looks to be returning. I hope to god that we are at the forefront of another WWII FPS epidemic like it was back in the early 2000's (Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers helped out a lot on that level as well).

I sure hope the return to WWII, this Modern Warfare bs, is just lame. The people clearly want WWII based games back :D

let's see if dice fuck it up. IMO their games had been downhill since bf3. BF4 was so broken on pc at release, but this one i'm pretty sure we can put it on EA's shoulder. That is if they make this game. I've heard a lot of speculation about this and i hope it's true. I loved 1942 and 1943 on console.
I think this is the only way H&G can really get true competition. I think the combined arms aspect is what really drew me to H&G in the first place, and the AAA is what made me stay, so, we'll see what happens.
I know this thread hasn't been replied in sometime but..

I can say for sure that DICE wouldn't be able to release Battlefield 1944 in 2017. It's TOO soon.

Give them about until the year 2018 where they'll announce it and show like pictures, you know, probably show bits and pieces and then the next year they'll DEFINITELY show it in the E3 2019.

This BETTER be good and I mean REAL GOOD. Because it has been a long time that anyone has last played a WW2 game from DICE since 2009.

For now all we can do is speculate and wait at this time.
I can´t recall the source for it right now, but they said they won´t put out another Battlefield game before 2018. There will be some DLCs for BF1, though. And this is probably the best way to do it. Let them take their time to make a good game.
JohnDavis wrote: I can´t recall the source for it right now, but they said they won´t put out another Battlefield game before 2018. There will be some DLCs for BF1, though. And this is probably the best way to do it. Let them take their time to make a good game.

Good. Then we can rest knowing that DICE will not rush anything.
Zaedalus wrote: Good. Then we can rest knowing that DICE will not rush anything.

Let´s hope so :D
10 posts Page 1 of 1