Game reconnaissance section. Discuss old, present, and yet to be released games.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

http://atwar-game.com/

So i was tooling around the internet and i came across this website that is similar to playing "Axis & Allies" or "Risk" style board games.

I also found that there's a recruit-a-friend feature:
http://atwar-game.com/guest/?p=1267810

They follow the free-to-play business model (like H&G, World of tanks, etc..)
Despite the fact that i´m a German, i´m really not such a big fan of RTS games. With some exeptions though. This actually looks interesting, but i can barely play at all right now as i´m stuck in the application process for a new job.
JohnDavis wrote: Despite the fact that i´m a German, i´m really not such a big fan of RTS games. With some exeptions though. This actually looks interesting, but i can barely play at all right now as i´m stuck in the application process for a new job.

Ah.. where's the job opening?

Bezirksschornsteinfegermeister?

Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften?

Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän?

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz Fleischbeschauer Nummer Siebentausendzweihundertvierundfünfzig?

Because Deutsch
I laught way to hard at this :D
Good thing my job is way easier to pronounce. I´m a Elektrotechniker, which is a electrical engineer. Electrical engineering technician would also be correct, but that´s why to long :P
Why the german are so complex? :)

In North America we say:

Electrical Engineer
or
Electrical Technician

We dont mixte the 2. :)

Anyway, welcome in the club. It is 4 years of school in germany?
Well we have a different education system here. And the labeling sort of get´s lost in translation.

Basically my qualification equals a electrical engineer (bachelor, not master). There are two ways to get there. Either you went to secondary school called "Gymnasium" (similar to college), after that you study electrical engineering for about 4 years. Then you could add your Master, if you wanted to.
Or you go the way i went down. After high school you go through a 3 year apprenticeship to become an electrician. (You have to pass a test (like a final exam), but you also have to build a some sort of a circuit. Once you are a electrician you can go and study electrical engineering at a seperate school ("Technician School") and there you basically study for 2 more years, but with focus on practicing the stuff you learned.

So yeah, there you have it. Hopefully you´re completely confused now :D
makes perfect sense to me. I did an electrician apprenticeship over the summer between school just to see what it was like. Kind of cool to learn how houses are wired. Now I work at a fast food restaurant(not McDonalds) 8)
Burger King?
8 posts Page 1 of 1