#&^%!@$ HELP!!!!!! Having trouble with something technical? Contact the Allied Airborne Army tech support.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I need a new one... badly. I want something wireless that has a good distance/life on it (cuz those two things go together). Anyone have some brand/model suggestions?

Hey Rain,

Few questions:
- Are you using a soundcard as well or looking for an USB headset (one that has a soundcard that comes with it)?
- What is your budget?
- Is wireless a must have or just a nice extra?

If wireless is a must AND you have a good soundcard, you might like this one:

Logitech G930.
+ Its wireless feature is simply great
+ Really comfortable.
+ Auto muting mic when levering
+ Durability
+ sound when listening to music
+ Price: At Amazon you can find them for under 100 bucks (look for used, which mostly only have a small scratch)
- ingame sounds
- Use of TS combined with gaming in 7.1 (IF you use it).
- The software that comes with it... Its a pain to use.
- Buttons at the earcups + macro keys are overkill

I tried this one a few days but returned since i didnt really like the bass it produced; it was "too much" and mic+sound DO NOT run properly when using TS; it cannot run TS in stereo while gaming in 7.1. Instead it runs TS in some sort of fake created 7.1 surrounding, which is realy annoying when gaming.
Not that i play FPS games in 7.1 (tip: never do that, you get too distracted) but in stereo, the sounds in stereo were not precise either.
I did like the looks and sound quality when listening to music though.

If wireless is not a must and you dont have a decent soundcard i can suggest the BeyerDynamic MMX2 headset (the one i use):
+ Plug and play (windows stock drivers make it run perfectly)
+ Sound quality ingame and when listening to music. BD is one of the best manufacturers out there.
+ Durability
+ Mic quality
+ Price
+ no need for sound emulation; stereo speakers position the location perfectly
+ really comfortable, due to soft band and lightweight materials used
- Wired and sound controller is a bit hard to reach (but i use a media keyboard anyway so not really bothering me)

As said, i have been using this one for quite some time now and still think this is the best headset i've had for under 100 bucks. The soundcard that comes with it is integrated in a device attached to the cable. Its simply plug and play and you can use it anywhere and on any device. Really handy and the quality is way better than some full sized, built in soundcards.

If you have a small budget, you might want to look at headsets from Sharkoon. In overall, their built quality is so so but they come with great comfort and good sound quality.

Yeah I def want a wireless, I hate being attached to my desk. Also my budget is ~200-250 if I think I'm getting my money's worth. As far as soundcard, I don't have a pci but I have an asus z77 sabertooth mb which isn't bad.

AudioSpecs:
Realtek® ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
Audio Feature :
- Absolute Pitch 192kHz/ 24-bit True BD Lossless Sound
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel

From what you said about the G930 I don't feel too confident. I have little experience with headsets, currently using a $8 logitech from walmart.

Ah well with that budget you should forget about the 930 and buy something a little more expensive.

Zlang uses the Astro Gaming Headset (wireless) and seemed to be very happy with it. Might poke him about it?
As far as i can see it is around $200 if you go for a refurbished one.
http://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming-Wire ... B0091WIOJ2
4 posts Page 1 of 1