#&^%!@$ HELP!!!!!! Having trouble with something technical? Contact the Allied Airborne Army tech support.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
hey peeps,

as some of you guys know, my pc is being fixed and it turns out that my videocard is broken; at VGA stress tests the pc restarts and that spells bad omen for my videocard. :(

I think I have to look for an alternative card in the 150-200 eur/usd price range.
HnG runs a bit better on Nvidia cards, that I know.

Does any one have a advice for a good gpu ?

Hi Rosie

Assuming you're playing on 1080P, best card imo would be gtx 960.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce+GTX+960

I can't say for your local prices, but in Germany you can get that card for little under 200€.

I agree, for that price range that's the best you can buy. I'm still using my GTX 780 and i'm basically never dropping below 60 FPS :)

And i would also recommend you to get a SSD for at least your operating system, if you weren´t already using one ;)

Thanks mates.
I miss gaming with you a lot but the light on the end of the tunnel appers :)

rosiema wrote: I miss gaming with you a lot

I miss you too m8 :(
I hope you will be back when my sommerholidys start, because then i will basically be online 24/7 :D
rosiema wrote: HnG runs a bit better on Nvidia cards, that I know.

who sold ya those nonsense? thats quack i tell you :)

As a die hard old school FPS player i can tell you i only use AMD cards since they have never letten me down.

Currently using the MSI radeon r9 270x gaming 2gb which is one of the best AMD cards ever built (in its price class) and fits the price range you mentioned.
yiNMastah wrote:
rosiema wrote: HnG runs a bit better on Nvidia cards, that I know.

who sold ya those nonsense? thats quack i tell you :)

As a die hard old school FPS player i can tell you i only use AMD cards since they have never letten me down.

Currently using the MSI radeon r9 270x gaming 2gb which is one of the best AMD cards ever built (in its price class) and fits the price range you mentioned.

Ah well that was a few years back a myth, but never confirmed.
How much FPS do you get with that card?

fyi I just gave the go-ahead to buy a new Radeon R7 265 from Sapphire as per advice from my PC repair shop. 8)

@Yin: You might be right about it being the best card in it's price league, but that's a different league than the top class GTX once.

@Rosie: you might not get 100 FPS but you should be fine with it :)

Argh new GPU is in, got my pc back aaand... same reboots after 1 game.
He did a gpu stresstest with another low end hd 5400 amd serie and also tested the cpu but then nothing happened..
Just surfing and vawtching vids is ok but when I go play a demanding game it reboots..:?

I think it was the PSU all the time.. But I gotta replace it before I can check that..

Thoughts?

Defiantly sounds like a PS issue.

How much power does you GPU consum at max load and which PS are you running it on?

99Lightning wrote: Defiantly sounds like a PS issue.

Being an IT technician having 15 years of experience this month, I agree with 99Lightning.

So I recommend to have your PSU checked/replaced and make sure the next one has at least 750 Watts (for power) and a manufacturer name on it (for quality).

Axent wrote: So I recommend to have your PSU checked/replaced and make sure the next one has at least 750 Watts (for power) and a manufacturer name on it (for quality).

I agree with you, but i don´t think he needs 750 watts for this graphic card :D

Thanks mates.

I brought the pc back and the guy admitted he didn't test it and also said is is very likely the PSU.

So... since me and my kid are also doing a H&G vs Minecraft match ('who gets to play on the pc'), I turned it to my advantage and convinced my spouse that since I now have 2 'very good pc parts', it would be a shame not to use that part and get now 2 game pc's. I mean, it would be a 'waste' no to do that :wink: I'm gonna use that AMD card and put in in a i3 8 gb mem setup; good enough to play games on high with 1600x1200.

So, in a few days I will have 2 nice game pc's instead of one broken (which was time shared). :)

Those are great news m8 :)
You can never have enough PCs :P
15 posts Page 1 of 1