#&^%!@$ HELP!!!!!! Having trouble with something technical? Contact the Allied Airborne Army tech support.
81 posts Page 5 of 6
Pulled the trigger on a ryzen 5 1400 and nvidia 730 I can upgrade later should run everything I need it to for now lol Sept 1st..... Want to be on by Saturday night...... :D
In the long run that was probably the better choice. A Ryzen 5 and in general all the features AM4 brings with it are way more future-proof. For serious gaming you will have to upgrade your GPU though.
Thinking 1080ti but supposedly it runs better with and gpu
That was true to some extend in the past, but not really anymore. You are aware how much a 1080Ti costs, right?
Also if you only have a 1080p monitor a 1080Ti is basically overkill, a 1070 would be more than sufficient in that case.
Yeah way too much for what it is...
Says the 1050ti or the rx 480 is best with it 1050ti ain't too bad price but I won't be able to upgrade it for a little bit.
JohnDavis wrote: That was true to some extend in the past, but not really anymore. You are aware how much a 1080Ti costs, right?
Also if you only have a 1080p monitor a 1080Ti is basically overkill, a 1070 would be more than sufficient in that case.

Well, we have speed limits on the roads, but I still drive a sportscar that can go super fast. :D

I am actually leaning 1080ti just to futureproof my graphics card.

I'm debating about my processor. i7-4790k should still be fairly tough against most games for a while I think, but I'll need to see how it performs with a better card in place. I just know right now I can't play the newest games maxed out, and it hurts my heart.

When I installed Andromeda and had to put so much at medium.... ugh.
(although it did still look nice)

GTX 770 video card now...
Probably know but.... I found a site called benchmark and one for game requirements to help me pick what will work for now and what a future rig with new card would be and just a 1050ti or rx 480 for mine would be a huge upgrade. It will also let you compare brands.
GrDHanibal wrote: Probably know but.... I found a site called benchmark and one for game requirements to help me pick what will work for now and what a future rig with new card would be and just a 1050ti or rx 480 for mine would be a huge upgrade. It will also let you compare brands.

Yeah, the RX 480 sounds like a good choice for now.

WarDaemon wrote: Well, we have speed limits on the roads, but I still drive a sportscar that can go super fast. :D

I am actually leaning 1080ti just to futureproof my graphics card.

I'm debating about my processor. i7-4790k should still be fairly tough against most games for a while I think, but I'll need to see how it performs with a better card in place. I just know right now I can't play the newest games maxed out, and it hurts my heart.

When I installed Andromeda and had to put so much at medium.... ugh.
(although it did still look nice)

GTX 770 video card now...

I also like to futureproof, but right now is not really the time. The 1080Ti is still not enough to properly handle 4k. So going with the best price to performance card is the better pick right now. And then just upgrade in a year or two.
The 480 is more $ but the 1050 reads better specs alone but together the 480 and 5 make a helluva pair. With a better read out stock not overclocked I'd imagine overclocked would end same way.
The 1050Ti gets outperformed by the RX480 in basically every game. If you want a competitve card from the green team, you need at least a 1060. Also i just realized how expensive the RX480 is right now. Damn bitcoin mining.
JohnDavis wrote: The 1050Ti gets outperformed by the RX480 in basically every game. If you want a competitve card from the green team, you need at least a 1060. Also i just realized how expensive the RX480 is right now. Damn bitcoin mining.

1060 is a great compromise between power and cost.

upper end 1060s can be had for $300.00 US all day long.

They must not be great for bitcoin farming.
OMG this is why I like to shop at stores and not online. Got my chair and printer .... My monitor speakers and headset are literally 20 miles away and I won't get them till Tuesday at latest and my PC is somewhere between the factory and home....
I don't even know where the factory is lol.
They said that it shipped from supplier but they don't have a tracking number cuz the factory shipped it but they will try to get me the tracking number...uhhhhh
Welcome to 2017, where everything works just as planned :D
I found it lol damn things coming out of Cali. like a true slow riding west coast G. Lol :lol: :|
81 posts Page 5 of 6