Sound off trooper!!! Open discussion, let's talk about anything and everything.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
In the years of leading PIB we had a lot of ups and downs. We've had times where we won 99% of our battles and times when we couldn't handle a one line attack against decent randoms.

This is mainly because of me, because i do all of the recruiting and i tend to see potential in most people. I also like to help new people wich also costs us.

I know for a fact that when we get our best players in battle we are a force to be reckoned with. Thats why i made this group of players within PIB. We will do events on specific days where we get all these hitmen together.

We did the first event last night and it was a great succes, right until we got drunk on midnight and stopt playing.(saterdaynight beers)

Anyway, next event date is the 19th of august, and i was wondering if you guys have some pointers on general tactics.

This is what i got:

-2/3 man defence squad.
- AP mines(against clans)
-AT mines( common apc parking spots.)

-4 man attack squad.
-communication of squad leader.(attack simultaneously.)
-communicate about covering known entrances to the objective.
-coordinate with apc squad.

-2 man apc squad.
-one driver, one to clear the way.
-2de guy has nades to clear crossings and a repairtool.
-stay with APC.

-Multi purpose squad.
-read the match if there is attacking power needed or more defence.
-experienced squad leader.
-finds and destroys enemy APC's.

We also need to look into a squadleader wisper mode. to communicate between squadleaders.

Any tactics info would be welcome and greatly apriciated.
Really if coms stay clear, you can get by without the whisper mode.

For your defense team I'd have them designate one of them to bring a jeep or weasel to provide handy health pack.

Have your flex team, if not otherwise engaged, hit objective from opposite side from a bit of range to draw defenders away from where your assault team will hit.

Also if you'll bring tanks/ planes into the equation, have the people specifically chosen for that before going in so there is no wrangling for spots or overuse by too many pilots in mid battle.

All that comes to mind off the top of my head.
WarDaemon wrote: Really if coms stay clear, you can get by without the whisper mode.

For your defense team I'd have them designate one of them to bring a jeep or weasel to provide handy health pack.

Have your flex team, if not otherwise engaged, hit objective from opposite side from a bit of range to draw defenders away from where your assault team will hit.

Also if you'll bring tanks/ planes into the equation, have the people specifically chosen for that before going in so there is no wrangling for spots or overuse by too many pilots in mid battle.

All that comes to mind off the top of my head.

thanks for the reply m8!

The reason i want to try the whisper feature is that the squad leaders have problems giving orders to their own squad without cluttering the line. if i make a room for every squad and use whisper mode for the squadleaders communications, i think we have more space for detailed instructions like the other suggestions you gave.

We wil test the system next event day.
ill share my findings. ill try and record it aswell, last event it recorded wit 5 fps or something and isn't really enjoyable.
Depending on the map 2-3 defensive teams might be appropriate to have a defense in depth. For example on a Town map e/d line defense you could have a team watching d bridge and another watching e crossings with the possibility of a 3rd on the actual objective to mop up anyone who makes it through.

Ideally mine's would be placed in both water crossings with the e line defenders having direct fire weapons with enough range to eliminate any enemies that may attempt to blow the mines.

An organized sector defense would achieve economy of force and enable you to free up personnel to harass the enemy with spoiling attacks deeper down their lines.

As a general note I think the aggressive use of armor in H&G is an under utilized tactic. With 1-2 baby sitters to keep at rambos at bay an M2A2 can lay waste to approaching enemies, it just takes players with some humility that don't care about racking up a huge score.

I just finished the 1st half of Expeditionary Warfare School and would live to try a more tactical approach, I'll try to clear some time on the 19th!
BERKSHIRE10 wrote: Depending on the map 2-3 defensive teams might be appropriate to have a defense in depth. For example on a Town map e/d line defense you could have a team watching d bridge and another watching e crossings with the possibility of a 3rd on the actual objective to mop up anyone who makes it through.

Ideally mine's would be placed in both water crossings with the e line defenders having direct fire weapons with enough range to eliminate any enemies that may attempt to blow the mines.

An organized sector defense would achieve economy of force and enable you to free up personnel to harass the enemy with spoiling attacks deeper down their lines.

As a general note I think the aggressive use of armor in H&G is an under utilized tactic. With 1-2 baby sitters to keep at rambos at bay an M2A2 can lay waste to approaching enemies, it just takes players with some humility that don't care about racking up a huge score.

I just finished the 1st half of Expeditionary Warfare School and would live to try a more tactical approach, I'll try to clear some time on the 19th!

absolutely!
every battle would need a unique gameplan, but i need to set up a general set up of squads and tasks. for your example it would be the defenders squad doing Echo line defence flex squad doing Delta line defence. the attack squad wil choose the line that needs to be pushed out first with APC squad.

i'v been trying to get the whisper mode to work, but everytime i select a user and activate it says "whisper target not found"... anyone know why? is it turned of?
With the help of JD i got the whisper system to work. its very easy, just go to tools tab- whisper list- new - select the button you wanna use for push to talk.- drag the squad leaders in the open space and voila.

we'll do a rehearsal this saterday if i get enough people in.
so i didn't have enough people in for a full try out. i ended up disbanding the flex squad and putting them in the the other squads. i think this is the way to go, tgr more squads you have the more communication is needed in tge squadleaders line.

so the first things we notised:
-people have room to fully focus on their one job. for instance the APC squad was there to provide spawns and wasn't bothered with other stuff and did a briliant job this way.
-the first 2 battles there was a lot of talk in the whisper(squadleaders) line, when i got rid of the flex squad and they got used to the system is worked flawlessly.

-afterward people complained of missing possible information, there was no examples but it was more the feeling that they had. (information that is importend for other squads got reported in the squad leaders line.)
-you need squad leaders that can multitask to some degree.
-people said it felt like they were fighting in a 3/4 man group, they didn't feel they were in contact or playing together with the other squads.(squad leaders did not agree.)

ill keep you guys updated next saterday.
7 posts Page 1 of 1